A lift kit is a modification equipment which is used to raise the suspension or body of the truck, SUVs or any other vehicle. Lift kit is a great tool for off-road experience. When you ride around in an extremely high truck or vehicle and look down at the cars, you must feel pleasure. The lift kit adds uniqueness and smoothness in your truck or SUVs. The truck with the lift kit can hold bigger tires and wheels easily. Moreover, it provides ground clearance and driving becomes easier on a rough track.
Additionally, the lift and leveling kits are mostly used to give the vehicle a stylish look. It’s become easy to drive on a bumpy road with a lift kit. As well as, the lifted vehicle provides better visibility on the road and protects against obstacles that may appear. However, if you are a beginner and don’t know much about best lift kits For Your RAM 1500 then just calm down and don’t entangle yourself in different products. I reviewed top 10 best lift kits for RAM 1500 in this post for your convenience.
Table of Contents
Terms that should be considered before purchasing lift kits for ram 1500 :
Before buying anything, you should have to consider your requirements and product specifications. Because there are various kinds of lift kits available in the market which will confuse you and you won’t be able to carry the best lift kit for your truck. So, thoroughly read the article for the proper guidance.
- With a lift kit, the way of your driving totally changes and your truck is converted into an off-road beast. Certainly, you can feel the change in the steering and appearance of the truck. So, consider what’s your driving pattern( whether you drive on weekends, drive for your pleasure or a day computing driver ) and then lift your vehicle as much as you need.
- The lift kits have a wide range of prices. And the main concern is the cost of the kit when you modify or update your vehicle. It basically depends on how high you want to raise your truck or SUVs.
Types of Lift Kits :
Lift and leveling kits come in different designs and structures. Furthermore, lift kits are model specific and the most commonly available in 4-5 types i.e. spacer lift kit, body lift, coil springs lift, long and short arms lift kits. You can get an overview of the types for better understanding.
1. Spacers Lift Kit :
- Provide lift of 2.5 inches.
- The least expensive item.
- Consists of polyurethane spring coil spacers.
2. Coil Spring Lift :
- Can lift the vehicle 1.5-3 inches.
- Bigger tires can be added.
- Replaces stock coil springs with stiffer, longer coil springs.
3. Body Lift :
- Lifts body from 1-3 inches.
- Consists of bolts and spacers which are installed between body and frame.
- Available at a low price.
4. Short Arms Lift :
- Provide 1-6 inches lift.
- Same components as in coil spring.
- Gives greater suspension level.
5. Long Arms Lift :
- The most expensive lift kit.
- 3.5-6 inches lifting range.
- Best for extraordinary off-road driving.
These are the most common types of lift and leveling kits which guide you to choose the right one. Now this is the time to select a Best Lift Kit For RAM 1500 and to give your truck a stylish look. Let’s take a look.
1. Air Lift 1000 Air Suspension Kit 60818:
Notable Features :
- Load leveling capacity of the lift kit is 1000 pounds.
- Air bags have 5-30 psi air pressure.
- 60 days ride satisfaction guaranteed.
- The weight of the item is 1 pound.
- Fits in 09-18 RAM 1500.
- Remove the rear wheels or wheel fenders and support the rear part on the jack stand as high as you can.
- Compress the air-bags and fold them in 2 halves.
- Replace the caps of the air bags and tie them with zips to prevent re-inflation.
- Slide the air bags into the coils from the lowest point.
- Cut the zips off and run the lines through the frame to protect them from damage.
- Inflate the air-bags and mount the air stem between the tailgate and rear bumper, this makes the air stem a little hidden and protects it from accidental damage.
- It can be hard to reach the valve stem if you have fat fingers. So, use any tool instead of fingers.
- Easy to install and no pry tool is required to install the air bags.
- A great quality product.
- Levels the truck while towing.
- The quality of hose and connectors is not good.
2. Motofab DR 2.5-2.5 Front Leveling Kit:
Notable Features :
- Fits in 2006-2020 Dodge RAM 1500 4WD.
- Lifetime warranty and made in the USA.
- Lift the front of the truck 2.5 inches.
- Made of billet aluminium and black powder-coated.
- Raise the vehicle as high as you can and support it on the jack stand.
- Remove the front wheel and disconnect the sway bar.
- Remove the ABS line from the knuckle and upper control arm and support the lower control arm on the jack.
- Unbolt the upper ball joint and remove it by striking on the knuckle with a hammer.
- Remove the bolts of the upper and lower strut and separate the strut.
- Install the Motofab spacer with the supplied bolts.
- Now reinstall the strut assembly same as it comes out.
- No special tools are required for installation.
- Fits in 4WD RAM 1500.
- Great front leveling kit.
- Durable and corrosion-resistive.
- Non-compatible with 2WD RAM 1500.
Also Read: Best Shocks for Silverado 1500
3. KSP Leveling Lift Kit :
Notable Features :
- Made of steel which is coated with carbon to increase durability of the spacer.
- Raise the vehicle 2-3 inches.
- There is a rubber gasket to reduce the noise.
- The lugs bolts are made of special shape for easy installation.
- Raise the vehicle and support it on the jack stand.
- Remove the wheel and sway bar.
- Separates the ABS from the knuckle and lower control arm.
- Remove the upper ball joint and install the KSP lift kit with the supplied nuts.
- Reinstall the strut assembly.
- Available in two sizes.
- 30 days refund and lifetime warranty.
- Made of durable steel material.
- Also compatible for Mitsubishi Raider 2006-2009( 4WD, 2WD )and Dodge Dakota 2005,
- Needs a professional for perfect installation.
- Don’t fit in Mega cabs.
4. Dynofit Front Lift Kit :
Notable Features :
- Made of aircraft billet aluminium T6 treated( an alloy which is much of worth than raw aluminium, durable, hard, and not easy to deform ).
- Bolts have black anodized surfaces for protection against corrosion.
- 2 year warranty and best customer service.
- Fits in Dodge RAM 1500 2006-2019 4WD.
- Provide excellent ground balance and a stylish look to your truck.
- Dynofit leveling kit installation is similar to others. While, if you don’t want any risk of damage to your truck. So, it would be a better idea if you make it done by any expert mechanic.
- The installation would take only 2-3 hours if it is done by a mechanic.
- However, if you install it at home then be careful and follow the instructions that come with the package. So, it will be easy for you.
- Adjustable in 2020 RAM 1500 also.
- Variable sizes( 2 & 3 inches ) available.
- A budget friendly durable product.
- Made of strong and stiff material.
- Compatible with Dodge Dakota 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 2WD only, 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Raider( 2 & 4WD ).
- No special tool required for installation.
- May cause shudder on 4WD due to excessive angle on CV shafts.
5. ReadyLift 69-1040 4.0” Front with 2.0” Rear SST Lift Kit 4″ :
- Fits 2009-2017 RAM 1500.
- Allows maximum tires of 35-12.5 diameter.
- 4 inches front lift and 2 inches rear lift.
- The item weight is 38.9.
- Also includes the upper control arm.
- Heavy-duty fabricated steel spacers.
- Park the truck on a flat surface and jam the rear wheels for safety.
- Lift up the vehicle and support it on the jack stand. Remove the front wheel and support the lower control arm on the jack stand.
- Disconnect the tie rod from the knuckle and sway bar. Let’s hang them out of the way.
- Remove the brake caliper and brake rotor and set them aside.
- Dispatch the CV axle nut.
- Don’t remove the upper control arm ball joint nut but only loosen it. Slightly blow on the knuckle and let it out of the way.
- Support the lower control arm on a suitable jack. Remove the top and lower strut mounting nuts.
- Install the Ready 69-1040 Lift Kit in the vehicle.
- Reinstall the strut assembly as it comes out.
- Adjustable in RAM 1500 4WD.
- Allows max tires of 35 inches.
- Comes with 2 tubular upper control arms.
- High quality product.
- Excellent 4 inch lift kit.
- Includes solid aluminum spacers with grade 10 bolts.
- CV boot on the front make slight contact with the lower control arm.
6. Motofab DR 2-2 inches Front Lift Kit :
Notable Features :
- A great quality product for Dodge RAM 1500.
- Does not require coil or strut disassembly like other kits.
- Compatible for 2006-2018 Dodge RAM 1500 4WD.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Gives the smooth ride as before.
- Lift your vehicle 2 inches.
- Lift your truck as high as you can and support it on the jack.
- Remove the brake caliper and tie rod so you can install the lift kit easily.
- Separates the sway bar and disconnects the top ball joint.
- Install the Motofab front lift kit and reassemble the assembly as it comes out.
- Very easy to install as compared to other lift kits.
- Levels the truck efficiently.
- Excellent product for a comfortable ride.
- Works perfectly for 35 inches tires.
- No spring compressor for installation for 4WD.
- Installation is not too hard if you follow the instructions properly.
- Stock shocks are required.
- Not recommended for a 2WD vehicle.
7. AKM 3″ Front and 2″ Rear Leveling Lift Kit :
Notable Features :
- The lift kit is manufactured from stainless steel.
- Especially made for 2009-2018 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD.
- The thickness of the front lift block is 2 inches while the rear block is 3 inches.
- The kit will lift the front 3 inches and rear side 2 inches.
- The product package includes two 3 inches front lift spacers, two 2 inches rear lift spacers, six stainless steel bolts, six nuts.
- The weight of the item is 8.18.
- High-quality, durable, strong, and corrosion-resistive material is used.
- Park your vehicle at a flat and smooth surface. Raise the vehicle and support it on the jack stand.
- Remove the wheel fenders and disconnect the tie rod from the knuckle by hitting slightly with a hammer. Make sure that you bang on the knuckle not on the tie rod.
- Remove the sway bar and separate the upper control arm from the knuckle. Don’t disconnect the upper control arm without supporting the vehicle because there is a risk of suspension disability. That’s not good.
- Assemble the spacers on the strut and tighten the bolts.
- Now reassemble the strut at its place and all the other parts as they come out.
- Pretty easy to install with the correct tools.
- Great for a smooth driving experience.
- Well made product at an amazing price.
- The CV axle angle will remain the same.
- Looks and fits great in a 4WD Ram 1500.
- Lift the truck 3 inches from the front and 2 inches from the rear side.
- The installation of the rear part is a little bit hard.
8. Supreme Suspensions – Front Leveling Kit :
Notable Features :
- Compatible with 1994-2019 2WD Dodge Ram 1500.
- Spring spacers are made of ultra density polyurethane.
- Spacer thickness to lift height is not 1:1.
- The front suspension lift is 3 inches.
- 35 inches tires can easily fit.
- Highly recommended if you want to lift the front of the vehicle.
- Park the truck at a smooth surface and support it on a jack stand which should be strong enough to hold the truck.
- First step you have to do is to disconnect the sway bar.
- Next step is to tackle the upper ball joint. You need a 21mm deep socket for this purpose.
- Now you get to separate the upper ball joint/upper control arm from the spindle itself. The spindle is also made of aluminum so don’t hit on it with anything like a hammer. You can use a dead blow mallet instead of a hammer.
- Then remove the shock and the coil and seat the spacers at the top where coil’s supposed to mount on the side of the frame rail. Compress the spring with the spring compressor.
- At the end, reassemble all the parts as they comes out.
- Great for the design.
- Very easy installation.
- Bigger tires can be set up.
- Improves the truck look.
- Increases ground clearance.
- The weight of the package is 6.41.
- Does not fit in Ram 1500 4WD, mega cabs and extended cab models.
- Spring compressor is necessary for installation.
9. Rough Country 6″ Lift Kit For Ram 1500 4WD :
Notable Features :
- The lift kit is made of alloy steel.
- The kit includes heavy duty lifted knuckles, front/rear cross members, coil spacers, skid plates , shock absorbers, and bolts.
- Rough Country lift kit provides unmatched ground clearance.
- Best kit for on and off- road experience.
- Comes with a lifetime replacement warranty and shocks have 3 years warranty.
- The weight of the package is 271 pounds.
- This kit fits a 2012-2018 Ram 1500 4WD.
- Raise the vehicle using a floor jack and support the vehicle with a jack stand.
- Remove wheel using 22mm socket and remove tie rod using 21mm socket.
- Dislodge the tie rod from the knuckle by striking with a hammer
- Remove the brake caliper using a 21mm wrench and also use a 5mm allen wrench to separate the ABS wire from the knuckle.
- Use a 35mm socket to remove the axle nut and disconnect the knuckle from the upper and lower ball joint.
- Separates the stock knuckle and doesn’t allow the shaft to extend.
- Remove the sway bar and upper strut mount using a 15mm wrench. Now remove the axle from the diff and use a 24mm wrench to remove the lower control arm.
- Remove the rear cross member and driveshaft.
- Remove the passenger side hardware and differential from the vehicle.
- Remove the DR side diff hardware and harness from the frame.
- By using the stock hardware install the rear and front diff drop bracket on the differential.
- Install the passenger side diff and reinstall the diff in the forward driver side.
- Secure the driver and passenger side differential to the frame using flange lock nuts, washers and supplied bolts..
- Apply thread lock to the supplied bolts and install the driveshaft spacer.
- Reinstall the wiring in the bracket and install the diff plug back in the differential.
- Install the rear and front cross member using supplied bolts, washers and flange lock nuts.
- Install the lower control arm and skid plate. Also, install the axle shaft and make sure that the axle is perfectly placed.
- Compress the spring coil using a strut compressor and fit the spacer on it. Then reinstall the strut assembly as it comes out.
- Made of strong, corrosion-resistive, and durable material.
- Best for a smooth drive.
- 18 inches rims can be installed.
- Lift the vehicle 6 inches.
- Great product for high level ground clearance.
- Only for 4WD Ram 1500.
10. Air Lift 89365 Ultimate Plus 5000 Load Lifter Kit :
Notable Features :
- Load lifting capacity of up to 5000 pounds.
- Springs absorb shocks and exclusive jounce internal bumper.
- Adjustable air springs for leveling your vehicle.
- Provide a safe and comfortable ride.
- Compatible with Ram 1500 4WD.
- The weight of the package is 21 pounds.
- Made in the USA.
- Firstly, assemble the air springs. Install the swivel fitting and positioned the roll plates on the air springs.
- Install the braided stainless steel airline. Attach the lower air springs racket on the same side as the air fitting.
- Install the upper spring brackets on the top of the air spring. Now raise the truck with the floor jack and support it with the jack stand.
- Set the frame bracket on the frame of the vehicle with the supplied bolts and put the stock suspension back together.
- Set the coil springs back into the position and reinstall the wheels.
- Lower the vehicle and torque the lug nuts. Then install the shock bolts back onto the axle.
- Provide extra weight stability.
- Also fits in Ram 1500 2WD.
- Available in nylon & stainless steel airlines
- Manufactured for towing or hauling heavy weights.
- Best for carrying weight more than 5000 pounds.
- Pretty easy to install and works great on ram 1500.
- A good product regarding price.
- The hoses and fittings are not pretty good.
Recommended Article : Best Cheap Mods FOr Pickup Trucks
Final Thought :
Before purchasing any kind of lift or leveling kit, you must consider your requirements. In addition, you have to keep in mind the height, expense, compatibility, installation, warranty & return policy because these things can make trouble for you. However, I review 10 best lift kits for ram 1500 in detail in this post for your convenience. Now, you can select the best lift kits for your vehicle and enjoy a smooth & amazing ride.